The Effects of Black Mold in your Home
In as little as 48 hours mold can quickly become a problem in your home when there’s excessive moisture on building materials. Mold can be found both indoor and outdoor. It can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Outdoor mold can be found in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation is decomposing. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors but the most common types of mold include Aspergillus, Cladosporium, Penicillium and Stachybotrys, also known as black mold.
Stachybotrys is extremely toxic which produces mycotoxins and is most likely to appear in areas of the home that are particularly warm, humid and damp. If left unattended, black mold may cause a variety of health effects associated with respiratory response. Chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure.
Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call SERVPRO of S. San Rafael/Sausalito immediately to inspect, assess and remediate your property. Our technicians has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. We make disasters, "Like it never even happened." Call us today (415) 479-2900.